Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hey, thank you!


Around 1700, as I was shutting down my office computer,
I felt a thug on my chest.
Of all the people I could thought of, it was you who popped into my head.
For whatever reason I don't know.

I let our driver dropped me at a grocery store and got myself strawberries and chocolate as I was again planning for a strawberry fondue.
I reached home dead tired and hungry and was about to throw myself onto my bed but stopped and scrutinized the thing that was sitting there, like it was waiting for me to pick it up.

Nobody was home. There was no one I could ask with whom it was from.
Regardless, I snapped a photo and sent it to my friend
(who I thought it was from) along with joyful words of thanks.
I then brushed it aside and laid myself down.
I was hungry but I was too lazy to get off bed
and decided to take a nap first when my roomie came in so I asked.

She knew.
She's the one who received it.
She was all smiles.
She was firm on keeping a promise not to tell me whom the flowers were from.
She knows that I am good in silent treatment so after a threat
(not to talk to her until she tells me),
she blew it.

I did not know how to react.
What to feel.
I was totally surprised.
From you, seriously?

Confusion washed over me.
Why?
Why now?
Why this day?
There was Christmas.
There was New Year.
But Valentines day?
Really?
You are mushy, indeed.
Or, I don't know, as I have no idea what you are really trying to imply.

Memories flood in.
Thoughts swirled in my mind.
I was trying to recall the way you talk, how you walk, how you look like.
As if I was trying to rehash everything about you. 
I don't know. 

I shifted on my right to look at the flowers, again.
Looking at them knowing whom they're from stirred a tinge of sadness.
I miss my friend.
I miss you.
You are in my thoughts, oftentimes.
You are even in my dreams.
I didn't know how long it took me just looking at the flowers.
Looking but not totally seeing.
I was lost.
My mind was seriously clouded while little white baby's breath
playing and leaving trails to my blurry vision.

I shifted to lay on my back, still thinking of the flowers
and knowing whom they're from made me remember the thing you said.
You told me that the first gift you gave me have opened many doors
and the last one would close all the doors.

The Flowers.
On Valentines Day.
Sweet.
Thoughtful.
The Closure.
Sad.

A Sad-Sweet-Thoughtful Closure on Valentines Day.
I wanted to cry.

I got up.
Picked it up and placed it on my foot bed.
I looked at it once again before I left to prepare my strawberry fondue.
I felt special.
Then again, a flash of the moments we shared and memories we made.
You never left at all.
You were here all this time, deep down.
Scored a space for eternal.
You made me smile.
Geeez, LIFE.

Life. (and ....)
HAHAHAHA

Thank you for today.
Thank you for everything.
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. so mag bigti na lang ko ani? :( hehe.. oi.., someone's missing someone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OiSt.. how sweet.. turned to bitter gourd nako ani oi.. hahaha! Anyways.. who's who?

    #fromYour#1Fan 😙😙😙❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete