Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How Angry Can You Get?

© Facebook Sticker
"You may think your only choices are to swallow your anger or throw it in someone’s face, but there’s a third option: You can just let it go, and only when you do that is it really gone and you can move forward." - Ted Mosby (How I Met Your Mother)

Anger. We are all vulnerable to anger. Even the one with the kindest heart succumbs to anger. When the level of tolerance is pushed to its limit, emotional outburst takes place. Myriad of reasons could actually make someone angry, even the littlest of all things. What provoked the anger could make the recipient less of a person although depending on its gravity. And this happens when all portals of communications leading to understanding and patience are already closed turning the angered irrational. But the thing is, we are in control of ourselves. We, all of us, are capable to manage anger. However, we differ in ways on anger management. Many could just brush anger off their shoulders and others feed it big time.

In one of the episodes of How I Met Your Mother, where Ted Mosby (one of the lead casts) was left at the altar by his fiancee; to get back to her past love, how he dealt with anger have simply shown the kind of person he is. He was at first in denial to the rage that was building inside him. Escaping his sullen and gloomy disposition by making a facade that he was fine. Entertaining everything as his escape hatches from the reality that he was betrayed by his betrothed. He thought that he could just walk it off but with friends' pep talks, anger filled his heart and on to hurl it to someone he went. Yet, to just fully realize he has to let anger go after learning that he was dumped for a beautiful reason, LOVE; of an unresolved past. Which makes him a sensible, mature man.

In my case, I have a high temperament. I easily  get cranky and gab my way through its provocateur. If the latter could still hear me blab, that means anger has not consumed me yet. But when days have passed without hearing a single word from me, that maybe is when I am already busy closing all my doors or building the strongest wall. I can be immature by not minding someone's presence at all or go irrational by shutting someone out of my life, until reasons sink in.

How about you? Have you, as well, crossed the border of irrationality when you get angry?